2.10.2007

Busier than I expected

School just consumes my life. I am so glad this is the last semester. So are all of my friends and family. Gifts of either alcohol or yarn will be most appreciated (but not together because knitting under the influence can result in waking up the next day realizing you've knit a lot of rows very badly or just completely wrong and must then frog most or all of your work... which results in either swearing or crying. sometimes both).

No pictures today. Sorry. But what I can offer is a chance for you guys to use your IMAGINATIONS! That wonderful little part of our brain that we so often allow to lie in neglect. Summary of what I am working on. SOCKS SOCKS SOCKS! I'm still working on socks. Two pairs down and I have started on another set in dark grey (very good color). I am still working on the white wool basketweave scarf (attached ball #2) and I still need to go to Joann's and buy another ball of white because 2 just isn't going to do it.

I am not on my computer at the moment because I am digging through my mini stash upstairs while waiting for a pattern download to print (which it has) and looking for wool to make some fingerless gloves (FOUND IT) and to also look for that one skein of purple microspun I bought before the holidays so I can practice my cables before embarking on the next mind destroying challenge (never made cables on anything other than wool). I am making for my cousin's baby Ethan (who has yet to be born) a sweater/hat/ mitten set that should fit him around colder weather. I made a pair of simple and quick (and cheap might I add) booties out of a skein of Watercolors I had lying around the house (the stash is proving once again to be a great asset in my life) and I must say they are the cutest thing EVER!

It's late I know but I got home from work a little over an hour ago and I STILL can't unwind. So I am going to pop a movie in (Spaceballs) and work a little on the mitten and a little on the fingerless gloves. We'll see how things go.

Oh... And Knit Picks is the best EVER. I bought 4 skeins of DK weight wool, one skein of fingering weight bare Merino and a new set of nickel plated DPNs for just over $18. I LOVE THAT PLACE! I am anxious for it's arrival in the mail.... soon hopefully. I'll post picture the next time. I promise.

No comments: