4.05.2007

still working along

I'm not totally useless and out of it. There has always been a sock on the needles and there is currently one on the needles now. It's sock #2 . It took me forever to get around to making the second one on account that I got a really bad case of second sock syndrome. It was bad. It took me a month to get around to it.


I also started on another sock. Only this one is made of merino wool. I meant to dye the yarn before knitting it but I never could find a big pot for dying. I'm still looking for one. I figure I'll just dye it as soon as I get them knit and then I can just do it in a small glass jar using Kool-Aid. I had to cast it on twice because the first time I read the directions wrong. I read CO 60 stitches and distribute 20 stitches on each needle so that's what I did. Only I forgot that I was doing the sock on 4 needles not 3 like the pattern said. I noticed that the cuff seemed really, really big. So I took it apart and cast on again this time doing 15 stitches on 4 needles so I had 60 total and not 80 like before... such a beginners mistake. But it's on it's way now.


Tomorrow my mother and I will be going to yarn stores in the ATL and Woodstock as we spend the day together. YAY! I love yarn and I love that I get to go to a yarn store that has good yarn for once. 100% wool and not the wool blends I find so much in chain craft stores. I shall talk of that tomorrow.

No comments: