4.11.2007

enough

I am close to tears. I started making the fingerless gloves as soon as the yarn came in the mail. I made the thumb without problems and even made the index finger without problems. The pattern is flawed. Greatly flawed. It fails to state WHICH marker I am to knit to. I took a guess and my guess was way off. The pinkie finger is off which means that allllll the other fingers will be off. I cannot rip back the glove and I don't have enough yarn to make the gloves. I want to cry. Patterns should never be printed till they have been gone over by strangers who can point out the mistakes and the confusing points. I will not knit for the rest of the night. I have a mutilated glove made of silk and merino. I will knit again tomorrow as soon as I am no longer disgusted with this pattern.

1 comment:

Gena said...

Awww, poor Elise. I hate that for you! The gloves would have been so pretty, if the pattern had been right. Can you call the pattern maker and ask them for help? I had to do that once with a sewing pattern and the women on the phone were very helpful. In fact, it was the first pattern that Whitney ever used. After we called and got clarification on the instructions, we finished the dresses.

I hope to see you soon. I know you're counting the days until graduation!