4.08.2007

new yarn = fun times

Friday: My mom and I got up early and went by B&N to pick up my check get some coffee (50% off people!) and then got on the road to go to the bank to deposit my check but surprise surprise the bank was closed for Good Friday. I didn't think they did that anymore. But oh well I have to wait till tomorrow to get $$. We drove up to Woodstock to go to The Whole Nine Yarns. A GREAT yarn store that I wish I had found earlier. We spent a few hours walking through the store looking through patterns and books getting ideas and looking at the yarns and finished garments that were displayed throughout the store. Then we went to the coffee shop next door and got a peach smoothie to share and then hit the road again to go to Why Knot Knit. Where again we went through all the patterns and books and everything. I admired the Rowan books (I LOVE Rowan yarns). The trip was overall a blast.

This however is not yarn I got from either of the yarn shops. I got this from knitpicks.com and finally got around to knitting it. SOCKS! Nice warm wool socks. Now this I did get at a yarn shop. The Whole Nine Yarns to be exact. It's a spindle and a whole lot of fiber. I plan on learning how to spin. I've already tried a little and it's hard. Very hard. But I will continue to try and learn.


At Why Knot Knit I got a really cool kit to make a felted change purse. It was part of an early birthday kit. I got started on it as soon as I got home

See? However at this point it was Saturday after work and I was close to being done. After I got done knitting it all I had to do was felt it. Felting is still to me so much fun. I love it.


Oh, I forgot, I bought a skein of handspun silk yarn. It's so beautiful. So colorful. I am really looking forward to making a beautiful purse out of it.


When I was finishing the changepurse I noticed that the little piece that was suppose to look like a piece of sushi looked more like a mini hat. So we put it on Baby's head and laughed. Poor baby. She's such a good sport. See? It does look like a hat. Of course that was before it's felted and felting makes all the difference.

As you can tell from this picture. That's everything for the changepurse in question. It's drying and I just need to sew the zipper and the circle to it and I'm done
I had a great weekend, my Daddy had his birthday party, and I got to do cool stuff. I also got to eat amazing food from my grandmother's house. However all weekends must end and we must return to the week ahead. Yuck.

1 comment:

whitney said...

so yeah, speaking of being surprised about things being closed on good friday, i got to work last friday and my office was closed and no one had informed me. haha. but it was nice because the office was quiet.

was one of those yarn stores in atl? i always forget i probably live really close to a lot of cool stuff.