4.24.2007

BIRTHDAY FUN

I had a FANTASTIC Birthday! It was great and thanks to everyone who contributed! I spent a majority of the day with my family at my grandmother's house and when I went to Target to shop with my mom.

After that I was treated to dinner. Justin took me out to dinner for my birthday. Megan met up with us an hour and a half later and what resulted after coffee was this. Acting like morons in the parking lot at Boston's. Apparently Justin decided to carry me off. Megan got a hold of my camera and we had a blast.

After that I decided to sit (ok I NEEDED to sit) and I also decided to be a brat.

OK OK! Onto things of yarn related matter. I finished the Sushi change purse. It's all felted and sewn together and it looks awesome. I like it. I haven't decided how to carry it yet because it's bigger than I thought. (my measurements are almost always off)


Like I said I would, I made the damn gloves. STUPID GLOVES! Even though I finished them they still look and fit like crap. You can't tell in this picture but the pinky finger is totally off. It looks so bad in person. It's such a shame the pattern didn't work out. Merino/Silk blend yarn is so glorious. I LOVE that yarn and I want to knit with it again but I'll make something I'm more familiar with. Like socks. Speaking of socks. I think that I want to make these
socks. I want to make the taller ones. Wear them with knee length skirts. I can make them in either Gloss yarn (merino/silk blend in pretty colors) or I can make them in bare merino/silk blend and leave them natural or I could dye them in something awesome! Oh the possibilities.


Silk: the best ever! I finished one panel of the silk bag. The yarn is lovely. It's different to knit with since it's the sari yarn but it creates a beautiful fabric. I can't make another panel till I get back to The Whole Nine Yarns.

Let's look at that silk a little closer. It's so beautiful. I love it so much.


In other news. I've finished my Senior Seminar paper. I'm going to collapse now.

1 comment:

Gena said...

Yay, Elise! I'm so glad we got to see you on your birthday. I just wish we had been happier hostesses.

I LOVE all of your projects. I really want to learn to knit. Maybe this summer, if I have both you and Whitney here, I can figure it out.