1.14.2006

welcome

this is my knitting blog... i needed a place to write out the fustrations and joys that knitting brings to my life... so this shall be the place.... i am not going to discuss the previous projects i have created (ok ok..... maybe i'll bring up ONE) but rather current projects that domiate my creative spirit.

i first tried my hand at knitting when i was around 7 when my grandmother taught me but i gave up b/c i was too busy with other crafts.... i picked it up again when i started college as a way of getting rid of some stress.... the book Stitch N Bitch has GREATLY helped me in my knitting adventure.... when i started knitting i hit the ground running and have not stopped yet..... doesn't look like i will be anytime soon......

let me say... i am a 'process' knitter, not a 'project' knitter.... i am more concerned with the act of knitting itself than the actual finished project.... so far of the projects i have made the only one i have worn is a scarf... through encouragement from friends i am hoping to change this and actually wear something i make.... other than a scarf or a hat of course. first of all let me say the project i am most proud of to date would be my sweater vest


look at that...... how awesome is that!? it was easy which surprised me... and it was my first venture into picture knitting... i am still waiting for a moment in which to wear this work of art

currently i am working on a really cool (cheap and easy as well) sweater made out of Lion Brand Jiffy (which as you know is under $2 a skein)... materials for this sweater cost about $20 (which is a STEAL in the knitting world)... so far i have painlessly made the front and the back (the entire thing is done in a garter stitch) and am working on the sleeves..... i have no pictures of the work in progress but will post a picture of the finished sweater as soon as i am done.....

i have one other project in progress (only two projects.... i know..... i am ashamed of myself) and it's a cool littler vest made of out cotton yarn..... it's taking forever (on size 5 needles) but pretty easy..... once again... no pictures.... but it won't be long.....

No comments: