1.24.2006

temptation

Once again, I have more 'works-in-progress' than I really know what to do with. I have my Jiffy sweater (working on the second sleeve), my cotton drop stitch vest (two inches left on side one of two), a pair of cotton lace stockings (almost to the heel), and a baby blanket (up to row 30 of 160). To serious knitters, four projects is very common, but to the novice knitter four projects is insane. The fact that I have four projects going at once is not what disturbs me. The fact that I have four projects going and feel the need to cast on more is what bugs me. I want to start this jacket made from TLC Amore and I want to start a pair of Wool-Ease socks.

It is taking all the self control I can muster to keep myself from casting on any of these projects. I am telling myself that I have to finish at least one if the projects I have currently before casting on another. The temptation is almost more than I can stand. Don't get me wrong.... I like the projects I have currently on my needles. I just feel the need to start something new.

Damn unknit yarn..... any knitter will know that yarn has a way of calling our your name..... it sits there unknit and it taunts you.... begging to be cast on and used to create some work of textile art that will consume my spare moments and skill.... oh how it teases me....

No comments: