7.04.2011

Pursuit of Happiness

Due to budget cuts there is a craft supply ban in the Barrett abode to remain in effect for the month of July. This makes me sad but forces me to be creative with what I have on hand.


ZIPPERS! These zippers serve a dual purpose. I am going to use the zippers themselves to make a brooch for jackets and sweaters while using the sliders from each set for awesome amazing earrings. Most likely an afternoon projects but either way I end up with two accessories.




Oh and scaredy cat. She's not a project, more of a distraction. In this occasion husband Curtis was running the vac around the apartment for a quick spin and literally chased her out of the room with it. I was in the kitchen the whole time and have no idea when she jumped up there but she had to be removed by force. So unusual because she never jumps on the counters (at least not when I'm able to see her).



This is just the beginning. I have been wanting to make an altered puzzle since I saw one in the Craftster message boards. I have some paper and some kids puzzles to get me started. Hopefully I can start working on it to distract me from craft store browsing for this month. I have a feeling my altered puzzle project will be a WIP for a while.



Sad knitting basket. My WIP knitting basket is so very sad because though there are items in it.... none of it belongs there because I'm not working on anything. Hopefully I can dig through my bags of yarn to get together a project to take to the lake next week. I need to order some yarn but not this month. Cleaning out that basket and getting a project together is a project in and of itself.



If I have learned anything from living in a one bedroom apartment it's that the use of space has to be well thought out. I have found myself stashing my crafts in containers that go under end tables, the coffee table, the bed, and on bookshelves. I feel like an addict hiding my stash. I gathered some embroidery supplies and then realized in a panic (true panic because I watched Hoarders that day) that I had no where to put it. After much twitching, wailing, and laying on the floor in the fetus position I realized I had a decorative box someone had given me that I had just sitting under the coffee table. Needless to say I am not allowed to watch Hoarders anymore. I have had too many crazed cleaning/organizing frenzies.

I must be off. Hubby has started another Stargate-SG1 episode.

No comments: