9.20.2007

Yarn Harlot/Talk Like a Pirate Day

Yesterday was National Talk Like a Pirate Day. It was also the day that the Yarn Harlot came to visit Atlanta. The event was spectacular. We had so much fun. First I drove out to the CFA Corporate office. I ate lunch with my mom and then I hung out there while she finished up her work and then we drove out to Atlanta together. We got there around 3:20 and went shopping at Knitch. Knitch is a yarn shop I've never been to before. It's very cute. It even has a felting and yarn dying station. It was very crowded since a bunch of people were there for the event. My mother bought me this car magnet. Awesome.

While we were walking through the theatre to the event we saw this sign.

Once in the theatre we all sat down to take part in Georgia's Biggest Knit-In. This is me participating. Knitting on the Adamas Shawl (the link to it has disappeared).

And guess who learned how to knit while attending the Knit-In. My darling Mother. She attended the event with me all the while thinking she was just going to read until the Yarn Harlot took the stage. Finally she couldn't resist. She just had to join in. Thank goodness I had brought a pair of needles and yarn just in case. All she's doing is learning the knit stitch. Practicing it and practicing how to keep the stitches on the needle. She did very well and I have a feeling she'll be making socks and sweaters before we know it.

A blurry picture of the event.


After Stephanie spoke she did a book signing. We were part of the first group which is great because there were a lot of Knitters at the event. In this picture she's taking a break from signing my name to look at My finished Mystery Stole. She is not yet done with hers.


Signing and talking.
I can't figure this picture out at all.


She's really very very nice and was willing to take a picture with me. There I am holding the famous traveling sock. YAY! I MET THE YARN HARLOT! This was a big event for me and I'm so glad it was on one of my days off so it worked out PERFECTLY! It was a ton of fun and my mother is finally taking the steps to learn about the wonderful art of knitting. She is going to have more spare time on her hands now and she has no excuse for not learning.


This is a close up of the Adams shawl I'm working on. I'm waiting for yarn to show up at my house for the rest of my gifts but until then I'm working as hard as I can on this. This pattern is very easy and once I do one repeat of the row I don't have to look back at the chart. Very easy lace pattern. It's knit in Knit Picks Shadow. I really like this yarn and I ordered more for another Shawl. But like I said. I'm waiting.

Check out the T-Shirt I got from the event. It says I Knit With the Yarn Harlot. And I totally did. However this picture reminds me that I need a hair cut.


While at Knitch I bought the rest of the yarn needed for my Christmas gifts. I love kidsilk haze. It's so very soft. I'll get started on it soon.

Close up of the finished kidsilk project.


Yesterday was a great outing. It made my week and I had a blast. I got some ideas for projects and I will be getting started on those as soon as the Holidays are over and I have time to knit for myself.

1 comment:

Gena said...

It looks like you and your mom had so much fun! I love all the pictures of the yarn you bought.

I still want to learn to knit. I'll have Whitney at my house for a few days next week - maybe she'll try to teach me AGAIN.

I miss you. I'm glad you're okay.