9.22.2007

Life is Wonderful

While Wednesday brought me a chance to meet someone I admire. Thursday brought me yarn. From the outside of the box it doesn't look like anything exciting. However open it up take out the contents....

8 skeins of Baby Alpaca/Silk/Merino for gifts. I couldn't help myself I had to get started.

Bulky wool for a felted gift.

And lace. Merino lace for another gift. In a way the contents of this box are kind of exciting. But not near as exciting since I am really itching to order me a Bohus sweater kit. I'm saving up for that. That will be an after Christmas expense.

While I was enjoying my new yarn I all of the sudden came across a small problem. There is no room for the new yarn in my yarn bag (the one that sits in my room. The rest of the yarn is in my attic and bonus room). I simply have too much in there.




Soooooo. I laid it all out on the bed. I realized that I have to decide what I can keep, and What must be put somewhere else.
Here's a better view.


That would be a lot of yarn. And I know I know. I can't knit it all at once, but that's why yarn stashes exist. Because knitters CANNOT let go of their yarn. Especially not wool. The yarn was divided up into two groups.

Yarn that is for projects for Christmas. This yarn went into the blue yarn bag. This yarn will be given my full attention until after the holidays when hopefully everything I set out to make this year was indeed knit and given to their intended recipient.

And of course yarn that I have no intention of getting rid of but cannot pay attention to now. That yarn went into the box the new yarn came in and has been placed in my closet to avoid distraction. The box is closed. So I don't have to look at it and long after it. I am now officially on a yarn diet. No more new yarn until I have completed my Christmas knitting. Basically that comes down to NO MORE NEW YARN TILL JANUARY. Maybe. If I get enough money saved for the sweater kit I want from Sweden and it's still December. I'm buying it. BUT NOT TILL DECEMBER!


..... maybe......

No comments: