9.05.2007

FINISHED!

This weekend has been about finishing things. I finished two books. The Other Boyln Girl, and Twilight. Both are good books. I also finished two projects. The mystery stole was finished on Sunday night. Monday night I blocked it and let it sit over night in a room that I shut off from the cats (Baby likes to pull the pins out). I must say that the project is quite lovely. Simple yet beautiful. The designer is amazing. The theme of the stole ended up being Swan Lake. Given the wing at the end. Beautiful. I am also quite happy with the end result since it was my first venture into knitting with beads.


I actually might make this project again. I will have to do the mystery knit next summer. I had a ton of fun with this this summer. I have over 1000 yards left of the Zypher Wool Silk yarn. So I'm gonna let it age in the stash till I decide what to do with it. I have an idea but I'm not sure if I want to do it. We'll see.

I also finished the cotton sweater I was working on. It's a tad wider that I would like but I'll be able to fix it with a knitted belt. Something like a wide belt in some bright color. The sleeves are nice and long. It's a heavy sweater. Cotton yarn tends to be heaver.

I broke my "no extra spending" rule today. However I saw it coming. I found out that some books at the store were going on sale today at 50% off. I got an additional 10% off by using the store's Member card. I got $30 books for $13.50. Yay! I got the two complete sets of books I've been wanting for a long time. They will help greatly in some designs I'm working on. In case you can't tell. I'm super excited that I have these books.

While I enjoy the books. Baby enjoys the bag the books came in.


Well I am off to knit some more. And read my books.

2 comments:

Gena said...

That stole is gorgeous! I can't wait to see you modeling it - very fancy.

Also, I love the sweater. It looks like it will be really warm for the winter.


And, congrats on your book bargains. You know how I love books and I love bargains on books even more.

whitney said...

um that stole is amazing. why are you so awesome, seriously. AND yay for new books, especially ones that break the "no extra spending" rule. those are always the best.