8.02.2007

Home again

Well I am home from my short (too short) vacation to New Smyrna Beach in FL. It was a good trip and I needed the break from work. But I'm back home and back to work. Gross. I did find something special while at a Flea Market in Daytona Beach.

And antique sewing machine. I saw it at one of the booths and it didn't have a price tag on it so I was curios and asked the guy running the table for the price. He didn't know so he called the owner and she said she could let it go for $15! So using my best poker face I said "yeah I think I could take it." This machine is worth around $200-$300. I got a deal. It's a hand crank sewing machine which is something I've not actually seen upclose before.

It even came with the cover and the original key along with the original instruction book.


While on vacation I continued knitting on the mystery stole. I've halfway through clue #4. It's getting longer. It looks great too. I've just got to keep knitting.

Life has been good. I am refreshed from the vacation and am almost through what has so far been a rough work week. I'm ready to get back into my work schedule (having my set days off) which should start this Sunday. That's all I have time for today. I shall write more later.

2 comments:

Gena said...

You KNOW I'm so jealous of your sewing machine! What a steal. I would love to have one of those. That is a beautiful keepsake that you will have forever. Congrats to you.

So, hey, when are you coming to visit again? And, did you hear anything about your interview with the GBI? We miss you here at our house.

whitney said...

uh that sewing maching is awesome. i cannot believe you got it for $15, you lucky bitch.