5.21.2007

Well life has been quite busy. Knitting wise all I've really been doing is gauge swatch knitting (damn me and my desire to substitute yarns). I won't show you pictures of the gauge swatches because that's just boring. I hate gauge, and I hate that i cannot go without doing it.

outside knitting for gauge I've been working on a candle flame scarf. If you squint you can kinda see why it's a candle flame pattern. I didn't like it when i first started working on it but it's kinda grown on me. I've also placed an order with Knit Picks and I hope it will be arriving soon. like..... REALLY soon. I need the items I've ordered sooner than I thought I would.


In other news. I'VE GRADUATED!!!!!! Yep. On the 12th of May I walked with the class of 2007 Clayton State University. YAY! Here I am with several of my class mates. All of us who graduated with History degrees with some of our professors. Some of them made our life hell. Others made it easier. I won't say who though.


We were all so happy to be done. It was actually a short ceremony.


I lost all rational thinking after walking across that stage. Ben and I (he's a graduate too!)


And the whole family. YAY! we went out to Fogo de Chao after graduation and it was AMAZING! Awesome great food with outstanding service (lots of $$ though) I got awesome grad gifts and was the princess for the day (which doesn't mean much because I'm a princess everyday!).
I'm going to be able to update more often now that school is no longer a distraction. It's kinda odd not being in any kind of formal schooling now. I guess I need to officially start of the master knitters program. Or wait till I've made a lot of the things I want to make. Like the shawl and the sweater and the socks. YAY!!!

1 comment:

Gena said...

Well, look at you, you cute little graduate! I'm so happy for you.

Whitney and I have decided that you need to open a yarn/knitting shop. You would be so perfect for that. You LOVE to knit, you LOVE yarn and you have a wonderful personality. What more could you need to be a store owner? Oh, yeah, money. But, that could be worked out. Really, though, have you ever thought about that?

Your gift will be coming whenever I see you next. I'll just give you some cold, hard cash to spend as you see fit.

Congratulations!