5.24.2007

NEW STUFF

I got my Knit Picks order and I must say. I am once again very impressed with the company. The order was shipped on Tuesday. I got it today. I didn't place the order till Sunday evening. Talk about fast service. I got several things that I wanted and some things that were just because.

Like this Andean Silk. This Andean Silk is so I can do a guage swatch to see if I can use this yarn to make a sweater. It's a silk/merino blend. SO VERY SOFT. I got it in Slate so I can count the stitches easily. I already love it!


I have plans to make a brand new lace shawl and I am going to use these two hanks of Alpaca Cloud in Mist. It's very pretty and very soft. Also very fine yarn. I am really looking forward to casting on. I am going to get started tonight as soon as I get the first hank wound into a ball. I picked the color so I can wear it this summer.

Also new nickel plated size 7 double pointed needles. YAY! I lurve their needles.


Oh yeah. I needed a margarita to help me forget the pain of ball winding. By the time I'm writing this. It's all gone. And it was made like my pal Whitney makes Margaritas. Heavy with Tequila. Yum.


SOCK YARN. I bought sock yarn. I love sock yarn. This sock yarn is nice and cheap and soft. at $1.99 it's a deal.


The colors close up.



I am going to make felted flower pots, so I bought two skeins of yarn to make them out of. I want to get started on these as well. One of them is going to be a gift for someone special. That's why I got the size 7 DPNs for.




And now the worst part of getting the order. Turning the hanks into balls of yarn. Oh. And finishing the dumb guage swatches that I already have on my needles. I better get to work. I also want to get some reading in. I bought Confessions of a Recovering Slut by Hollis Gillespie. If you haven't read this. PLEASE DO! She is a great writer and writes articles for Creative Loafing. I've read it before when I borrowed it from a friend and now I've bought it for myself to re-read. I also bought Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. This is also a must read. It's an autobiography in graphic novel form. Very very good. Both of them.

Something interesting happened today. While I was at work and on my lunch break, I went to look at a knitting stitch design book. I took it to the break room with me to read and relax and as I'm flipping pages and getting inspired for a new projects. As I'm looking through it, I come across a "SAVE THE SHEEP" leaflet from Peta. Apparently someone has been putting anti-wool info in our knitting book. After showing it to my manager (who was a little irritated because it meant that there could be others in other books). I then told Justin about what I found who then demanded that he get to see it. We both laughed because we both wear wool (and I knit with it constantly and he wear the things I make). But we're ok because the leaflet was about Australian wool and all the wool that he and I wear/use is from South America. Funny story simply because now I know that it's not enough that I don't wear fur or leather, but now I'm a terrible human being because I knit with wool. Shame on me.

2 comments:

Gena said...

Okay, as for the PETA thing - shearing sheep doesn't harm them. Please. I'm a meat-eating, leather-shoe wearing woman. I don't think that you're harming anything (or any sheep) by using their wool. Those folks need to get a grip.

Also, your yarn is beautiful! You SO need your own store. You know, there is nothing like that anywhere on the south side. Nothing even, any closer than the Emory area. So hey, what you are waiting for? Okay, money. So, what else? Really.

I've gotten 3 emails from Whit so far and she's having a blast. I'm so glad she's safe and happy. Thanks for your prayers and thinking about her.

Yes, I believe I need one of her margaritas on Memorial Day. That would be delicious.

Also, the Braves knitting thing is the day before my birthday, so we definitely need to plan it. I'm in, but I don't know if the little girls want to go. I'm sure Whit will. Do you have the details? Let me know what they are and we'll put it on the calendar.

Also, hey, I'll call you! I have your cellphone number in my phone. Then, I'll get your email address and forward her emails to you. How about that?

Love you.

whitney said...

we should definitely make margaritas whitney-style together very soon. and maybe i will finally pick my knitting back up. also, i'd like to borrow the slut book from you. i plan on reading my eyes out this summer.