5.31.2007

Strange feeling

So I'm liking this not being in school. I don't have to fly through all the books I want to read before the fall semester begins. I get to actually take the time to read them, Which is great. I've never been able to feel this way. I've always had school to go back to. But not this time.

I went to the used bookstore in the McDonough Square and It's really kinda cute. They have a classics section in which I found several books that I have been missing, I also found several books that I currently have in the same edition. I bought 8 books for $15. Score. Also, the Koffee Klutch is very nice, I like it and I think I'll be going there more often to sit and read.

The Surprise (That's it's name for now), is still in the works. It's taking longer and longer now since it is growing but I'm still knitting along.

Right now I'm reading Confessions of a Recovering Slut by Hollis Gillespie and it's still keeping me entertained. I must leave now to continue my reading and my knitting, I don't have to be at work until 5. yay!

2 comments:

Gena said...

Enjoy this lovely time before you are a business woman. You know, once you have your yarn shop, you will be busy, busy!

I'm glad you're having a good summer. I've never been to the used book store in McDonough, but I always want to stop in there. You know I love books.

Heard from Whit today - they're in Rome and loving it. She said the French are mean and unfriendly, but Paris was beautiful.

Love you,
Mama Gena

whitney said...

little five points has a fantastic used book store called a capella books - the books are a little more expensive than, say, goodwill, but most of them are in really good condition and the store has a HUGE selection. i'll take you there whenever we consume margaritas! (but not after. before. hehe)