6.02.2012

I have had the weekend off thankfully and it has been very blissful.  Hubby and I are getting ready to go to the Caribbean a week from tomorrow so between figuring out travel/pet arrangements for that I have been using my weekend off to sew. A LOT. 

Yesterday I spent the day washing, ironing, and cutting fabric.  Today I continued to wash, iron, and cut but I added sewing into the mix.  As stated before I am going to participate in the Soda QAL that my good friend Allegory is hosting.  I picked up  my lemon yellow fabric for my Lemon Fizz quilt and cut the squares from 5 of the fabrics I picked.  I got an early start on it since the QAL starts on the 11th and I will not be here. I don't think I can convince my house sitter to work on it for me (nor do I want them to).  

Today I finally did something with the Marcus Fabrics Itty Bitty Bella Fabric I've been holding on to. I had no idea what to do with it till I found this pattern from Michael Miller. This is just the quilt top and it needs to be trimmed but that is a project for another day.  I really do like this. I'm not a pink fan but I got the fabric at a huge discount and couldn't resist since I knew I would make a baby quilt out of it eventually. Might try to sell this one to support my fabric/yarn habit. 


Also today I pieced together my Lorax quilt.  I've had the blocks done for about a week now and I had to buckle down and put it all together.  It's the biggest quilt I've ever worked on. I still have to add two more borders. 



I hope to get some more quilting done and eventually get all my fabric gathered for the Soda QAL.  I need to buy about 8-10 more fabrics to have what I need.  I'll include pictures of that in my next post. 

No comments: