7.20.2007

Finished

Well the surprise is finished. It's been done for about a week now but I am just now getting time to post about it. This is the finished result soaking in water getting ready to be blocked.


And what it looked like while being blocked (In case you haven't gotten it yet. It's a shawl. A very lovely shawl.) It's all pinned in place and it only took a few hours for it to dry.


After it dried it looked AWESOME. It's very soft and light and very very beautiful. I can't believe that I actually made it myself. I'm so proud of myself.

Trying to take pictures of yourself proves difficult. This is the best one of the pictures I took. (I picked that one because my rear looks small in it.)


A semi close up of the detailed edging. I loved making this shawl. It proved to be a nice challenge.


Baby helped in the WHOLE process of blocking and getting everything together. Even after it was done she still had to inspect it.



I swear. This cat follows me everywhere I go. As I am writing this she is sitting here right beside me watching me type. She's so goofy.


In other news. I have decided to join the Mystery Stole 3 group online. I got a late start because it took longer for me to get a hold of the yarn. I did get the supplies and I LOVE the yarn. It's Zypher Wool Silk and it's so soft. I love it and I really love knitting with it. This is also one of my first ventures into knitting with beads. It's proved to be easier than I thought. I ordered three skeins, which they wound into balls for me. I'm going to have extra left so maybe I'll be able to make something else out of it.



Here is a terrible picture of the progress so far. It looks much better in person.


I'm also working on something pretty in white cotton. We'll see how it comes out.



Well I'm out tonight.

2 comments:

Gena said...

Okay, so your butt is TINY. Always has been, always will be.

That shawl is SO beautiful. It looks like butterfly wings - so delicate and lovely. It was a great surprise to be able to see it.

I miss you and would love to see you soon. I think Whit might be over to spend the night next week. Wanna come?

whitney said...

oh my god that shawl is soooo pretty. you are so effing talented. i hate you.

also, i wish you could have come over last night! i really want to see you/give you your pressie.