3.09.2007

And a post. Let's start with BEFORE I went out of town. (This place has wireless and I'm loving it. I'm still connected to the real world) I finished the baby sweater and it's SUPER cute. The cables look good and even, the seems (you can't see them) look pretty good considering I was all up on coffee.


Here are the mittens and the hat (I need to make a pom pom). So cute! I want to make another one in a different color to keep it set aside.



Ok funny story. I went to my friend Whitney's house on Wednesday to hang out with her and her family. I had a lot of fun and ate good food and had good conversation and smoked with Whitney while talking about life. I showed off my latest creation to Whitney and Mama Gena. It was great. I must do that again some time soon. However when I came home my family was still up and about the house when they decided to inform me that the cats had gotten into a bag of yarn and drug the entire skein of fuzzy pink yarn (it was only 50 cents) ALL over the living room. I thought it was funny so I had a good laugh and then took a picture of it. The black blob is my baby Angus, who was also playing with it. The main offender is my little one Baby. All the cats have been playing with it but she's most likely the one who started the whole unraveling deal. God love her.




Now that I am up here I have not been idle. I have been playing with yarn still. I brought three projects up here (actually 4) with the intent on finishing them. An easy scarf that will only take a bit to finish.


And socks. Bright pink wool socks for my mom. I'm working on the gusset now and will finish it soon and then be onto the second sock.

MORE LATER

2 comments:

whitney said...

yay you're posting!!! that scarf is the drop stitch you've done some others in, right? you gave me the pattern but i lost it. so yeah. can you email it to me? also can you tell me a good pattern for socks? i want to start knitting again. even though it will probably have to wait until the semester is over. haha.

Gena said...

I loved seeing you this weekend! I'm so glad you are writing because, as you know, I'm a little addicted to reading blogs. The sweater you made is almost as cute in the picture as it is in real life. And please give Whitney a sock pattern - I am in need of some new ones. Love you - Mama Gena