9.05.2006

Progress at last

ALL HAIL THE KNITTING GODDESS!!!!! SHE HAS COMPLETED SEVERAL IMPORTANT PROJECTS WITHOUT LETTING THEM SIT ABANDONED FOR YEARS!!!


Yes my friends.... I have completed... not one... but several projects that I had hopped to finish.... For example... the dress. It has been sewn together and I believed it to be done. That is until I tried it on and realized that I am not built to hold it up.... So I am making straps for the dress to help me out (don't want to flash anyone)

I finished the stupid afghan.... for some reason I always start a project like this with high hopes and with excitement.... I always forget how much I loath projects by the end (especially when I have to put everything together). Regardless, I have finished the afghan and it is on it's way to it's new owners
I have also finished a dishcloth set, a set that Angus decided to bless. They have his blessing so everything is well. These will also be soon sent to a new owner (see a theme here?). I shall soon have something new and amazing to add to my own personal collection.

In being a knitter one discovers what KIND of knitter you are.... I am a person who knits simply for the act of knitting. I like to knit just to knit... finishing projects (sewing things together and weaving ends in are a total chore to me)... which brings me to my next point.... I do not want to make another afghan like this for a long LONG time. Simply because it was soooooo much work to make and organize and put together... I just don't think I can make another project like that any time soon. I think I'm going to just stick to things like a sweater and such.

My cousin Julie is expecting so that means that I am obligated to make a baby gift. An AMAZING baby gift at that. I have not yet made up my mind as to what I am goin gto make but I shall work on my ideas.

For now friends I must go. Ben and I are in the middle of watching Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and I feel I must devote all my attention to the movie.

I shall write soon friends

No comments: